Ok – this is awesome. I saw the ad for PlantPets on lindenlifestyles.com (where Second Spaces is also currently advertised – yay!) I absolutely love this concept — plants that grow, and with which you can interact. Genius. Bruce Liebknecht is the mastermind, and I love love love the shop! So cute.
There are a variety of roses, asters, calla lilies, hyacinths, whatever-the-plural-of-hibiscus-is (hibscuses? hibiscusii? hibiscu?), and you can purchase gift copies, too. These would be excellent housewarming gifts, by the way. The plants come potted, and Bruce also sells pots individually, or you can re-pot your plant in your own container. The options are so fun:
- you can set it so friends can water your plant for you (handy)
- you can check the water level, the development, the health, and the happiness of your plant 🙂
- you can turn on IMs from the plant – it will IM you every 12 hours if it’s unhappy (awww 😦 )
- you can turn on particles for when the plant is happy 🙂
- you can set the speed of growth, or pause it completely
So, I had to buy one and check it out. 🙂 I picked up the Eleusis Roseus – which I renamed to Otis, for no specific reason other than because I could. I set it up in the house, then sat on the couch and worked on the club schedule for next week — saw some pretty significant results over about 30-45 minutes.
See the happy particles? And finally, I sit back and enjoy the bloom. I paused the growth after this part because I had to leave, and I don’t want to miss any of it!
I’ll have to post updated pics as Otis continues to grow — it’s like having a puppy. 🙂 Check out PlantPets here – so fun!