Oh, it was bound to happen again, eventually. 🙂 I am ecstatic to announce another Second Spaces Design Contest: Santa’s Escape!
Everyone needs to get away for the holidays – even Santa! What would his escape look like? On the day after Christmas, is he at a luxury spa? Is he going on a TV and junk food binge? Is it time to enjoy that basement sex den? Does he finally get a chance to play with all those toys in the workshop? It’s up to you!!
Prizes provided by these awesome designers:
The Loft // Belle Belle // Ambiance // MudHoney // [ba] Barnesworth Anubis // Heart Garden // Another Man’s Treasure
Here’s how it works: each contestant gets a Second Spaces shadowbox in which to create their vision of Santa’s escape. We have an expert panel of designer judges who will select our winners – we’ll be looking for creativity, clever aesthetics, smart use of prims, and an overall sense of design. The contest will run for approximately 2 weeks, during which the contestants can organize their shadowboxes. We’ll wrap it up with an event on December 19th when the boxes are ready for viewing — we’ll have a live DJ and festivities, the judges will make their selections and we’ll announce the winners at the end of the event! It’ll be a party, so everyone is invited!
Here’s what you need to know:
– There are only 15 shadowboxes available.*UPDATE as of Dec 9, there are only 2 boxes left!* To enter the contest, head over to the Second Spaces contest grounds, select an available shadowbox and claim it as yours. To claim it, you need to do three things:
- You’ll see a rent box in front of the shadowbox; right click and pay $1L to rent the space. (You only have to do this for a 1 week period, and that will reserve the box for you until the contest is over.)
- Right-click and Buy the shadowbox for $0L. Do NOT take the shadowbox into your inventory; when you buy it, you’re buying the original, so leave it sitting right where it is. Buying it will allow you to retexture the inside of the box as needed.
- Send an IM to Elle Kirshner to let her know you’ve entered the contest!
– Only 200 prims are allowed in your design! That includes furniture, accessories, plants — whatever you use. 200 prims is all you get!
– No more than $1000L can be spent on your design! That’s right — Santa has to be budget-conscious, too! On the day of the contest event, you’ll be asked to provide a notecard detailing all objects purchased and their Linden value.
– Your design elements can be purchased OR built by you! Now’s your chance to show off your building skills!
– Only the INSIDE of the shadowbox can be re-textured. The outside must remain textured with the Second Spaces background.
– You may place items just outside the shadowbox on the platform, if needed.
IM Elle Kirshner with any questions! Good Luck!