Interior decorators! Design enthusiasts! Folks who just love to put pretty things together in a room! Second Spaces is delighted to announce our first ever Shadowbox Design Contest!!
Exotic Getaway Shadowbox Design Contest
Intriguingly unusual or different; excitingly strange
Here’s how it works: each contestant gets a Second Spaces shadowbox to decorate. “Exotic Getaway” can mean a lot of things — especially in Second Life! We have an expert panel of designer judges who will select our winners – we’ll be looking for creativity, clever aesthetics, smart use of prims, and an overall sense of design. Make your shadowbox a place where the judges will want to vacation! 😉 The contest will run for approximately 2 weeks, during which the contestants can organize their shadowboxes. We’ll wrap it up with an event on August 9th when the boxes are ready for viewing — we’ll have a live DJ and festivities, the judges will make their selections and we’ll announce the winners at the end of the event! It’ll be a party, so everyone is invited!
Here’s what you need to know:
– There are only 10 shadowboxes available. *UPDATE: August 6 — one box has become available again! If you think you can pull it off by Saturday, then get over there and grab it!** To enter the contest, jump over to the Second Spaces contest grounds, select an available shadowbox and claim it as yours. To claim it, you need to do three things:
- You’ll see a rent box in front of the shadowbox; right click and pay $1L to rent the space.
- Right-click and Buy the shadowbox for $0L. Do NOT Take the shadowbox into your inventory; when you buy it, you’re buying the original, so leave it sitting right where it is. Buying it will allow you to retexture the inside of the box as needed.
- Send an IM to Elle Kirshner to let her know you’ve entered the contest!
– Only 200 prims are allowed in your design! That includes furniture, accessories, plants — whatever you use. 200 prims is all you get!
– No more than $1000L can be spent on your design! That’s right — it’s exotic on a budget. 🙂 On the day of the contest event, you’ll be asked to provide a notecard detailing all objects purchased and their Linden value.
– Your design elements can be purchased OR built by you! Now’s your chance to show off your building skills!
– Only the INSIDE of the shadowbox can be re-textured. The outside must remain textured with the Second Spaces background.
– You may place items just outside the shadowbox on the platform, if needed.
That’s it!! Prize categories and prize packages will be announced soon. Here’s what I can tell you now: the prizes are provided by some of the best furniture/decor designers in all of Second Life!
The Loft // Heart Garden Centre
Melino Style // Ramos Designs
Del Sol Furniture // Avenue Four
Don’t miss your chance — get over to the Second Spaces contest grounds and claim your shadowbox, then get to it! Keep your eye on the blog for more info on the prizes and the progress of the contest! Good luck!!